About Element Human
Hello! Looking to make technology work better for people? So are we.
Element Human believes in a world where people are first, always. In that world, the purpose of technology is to empower people beyond their current capability so that every individual may have the best experience life has to offer.
We are a high-growth, AI company building a new human data layer that observes emotions, behaviours and body language without compromise to privacy as people interact with everyday technology.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with experience working with backend systems and platforms - you’re as comfortable writing software to solve problems as you are operating GCP or Kubernetes. If you’re a backend engineer who has some good cloud infrastructure experience already, or you’re eager to get really familiar with systems, tooling and libraries, this could be the role for you.
What You'll Do
Build and design features collaboratively with Product Managers, CTO and engineering team
Deliver reusable, testable, maintainable, and efficient code
Create optimised database schemas and infrastructure
Design, develop, deploy and optimise high throughput backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
Own the development, testing, deployment and monitoring of our services end to end
Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business as we hit our scaling phase of the business!
Work in an environment that thrives with diversity and fosters your individual growth by exposing you to interesting human problems, a network of equally skilled peers, and the ability to acquire new skills through various mechanisms outside your day-to-day work
Who You Are
- You are an inclusive human and generally awesome fun to work with, you’ll be in good company!
- Have at least 5 years of experience in working with scalable distributed systems
- We are fans of simplicity and minimalist approaches/concepts to building software if you are familiar with KISS and Occam’s razor then this is the place for you
- 4+ years experience in any of these programming languages: Java, Golang, Python, Rust or related languages
- You know and care about robust engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
- You have robust architecture principles when designing and building distributed and scalable systems and can document complex items with a degree of simplicity using proper terminology and tools
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You are passionate about keeping up with current trends in your areas of expertise
- You are not afraid to learn new skills in order to help your team and the company achieve its goals
This document states what we are looking for, but we are really happy to talk about what you are looking for too. Hiring is a two-way street.
We don’t expect you to have experience doing all of these things; if you think you’ll be good in the role please get in touch as we would love to speak to you as no one person has everything!
Technologies we work with
🏗 Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes & Terraform
⌨️ Code: Python, Typescript and Go
⛩ Frameworks: Django, Flask, FastAPI, React
💾 DB’s: Redis, PostgreSQL & Metabase
🔩 Tools: GitLab & ClickUp
🥞 Our stackshare profile
What's in it for you
Joining Element Human, you will have the opportunity to shape your role, own the execution, make mistakes, and learn with the support of a smart and scrappy team.
We use science and technology to build the interaction layer for the digital world.
What we offer in return:
💶 Salary range: £65k-£75k (experience dependent)
🏖 Unlimited holiday policy
🧑🤝🧑 2 weeks of company-mandated time off annually
🇬🇧 Work from anywhere in the UK
🏠 Home office setup budget
🧧 Employer Pension scheme
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Element Human does not accept agency resumes/applications. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Element Human employees or any other organisation location. Element Human is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.