About Element Human
Hello! Looking to make technology work better for people? So are we.
Element Human believes in a world where people are first, always. In that world, the purpose of technology is to empower people beyond their current capability so that every individual may have the best experience life has to offer.
We are a high-growth, AI company building a new human data layer that observes emotions, behaviours and body language without compromising privacy as people interact with everyday technology.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior QA Engineer to join us, build and lead the new QA function within our engineering org. This position requires a great understanding of the software life-cycle, and experience with testing techniques and automation, all tied together with strong written and organisational skills.
In this role, you will use your experience and knowledge to build an effective and organised test workflow and framework that releases the highest quality product possible and help bring functionality to market on time.
What You'll Do
- 4+ years overall experience, ideally at least 2+ years in a Senior QA role
- Define program requirements and QA strategy
- Design, develop and deploy automation tooling to make testing easier and more scalable
- Define quality metrics with data analysis to determine improvements
- Think both tactically and strategically with attention to detail around the QA and release process
- Manage the program scope with multiple test types, releases and distributed teams
- Propose trade-offs, and provide risk assessment for stakeholders to drive the best quality assurance outcomes
Who You Are
- You are an inclusive human and generally awesome fun to work with, you’ll be in good company!
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience with our programming languages and test automation technologies (check the Stackshare link below)
- 2+ years of Cypress experience is required fro this role
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience developing test plans and test cases
- Strong problem solver using your analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stellar research and documentation skills
- You are not afraid to learn new skills in order to help your team and the company achieve its goals
Bonus points: Examples of implementing as much automation testing framework to work smarter, not harder!
This document states what we are looking for, but we are happy to talk about what you are looking for. Hiring is a two-way street.
We don’t expect you to have experience doing all of these things; if you think you’ll be good in the role please get in touch as we would love to speak to you as no one person has everything!
Technologies we work with
🏗 Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes & Terraform
⌨️ Code: Python, Typescript and Go
⛩ Frameworks: Django, Flask, React, Cypress
💾 DB’s: Redis, PostgreSQL & Metabase
🔩 Tools: GitLab & ClickUp
🥞 Our Stackshare profile
What's in it for you
Joining Element Human, you will have the opportunity to shape your role, own the execution, make mistakes, and learn with the support of a smart and scrappy team.
We use science and technology to build the interaction layer for the digital world.
What we offer in return:
💶 Salary range: £40k-£50k (experience and location dependent)
🏖 Unlimited holiday policy
🧑🤝🧑 2 weeks of company-mandated time off annually
🇬🇧 Work from anywhere in the UK
🏠 Home office setup budget
🧧 Employer Pension scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Element Human does not accept agency resumes/applications. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Element Human employees or any other organisation location. Element Human is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.