About Element Human
Hello! Looking to make technology work better for people? So are we.
Element Human believes in a world where people are first, always. In that world, the purpose of technology is to empower people beyond their current capability so that every individual may have the best experience life has to offer.
We are a high-growth, AI company building a new human data layer that observes emotions, behaviours and body language without compromising privacy as people interact with everyday technology.
Element Human is looking for a Data & Tooling Engineer. In this role, you will build infrastructure to answer questions with data, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, and advances in distributed systems.
This person will be in great company with passionate data scientists, software engineers, product managers and analysts, to deliver a comprehensive set of stable and performant data architectures to build data stacks complementing software that powers the organisation.
What You'll Do
- Build and design features collaboratively with Product, Engineering and C-Suite
- Use your expertise to design, implement, and operate stable, scalable, cost-efficient solutions and internal tooling to flow data from production systems into other systems and interfaces
- Build highly available, scalable, and performant services to power responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for our customers and internal teams across the business
- Create optimised database schemas, lakes and infrastructure
- Build and manage data and ETL pipelines that power our business
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business as we hit our scaling phase of the business
- Work in an environment that thrives with diversity and fosters your individual growth by exposing you to interesting human problems, a network of equally skilled peers, and the ability to acquire new skills through various mechanisms outside your day-to-day work
Who You Are
- You are an inclusive human and generally awesome fun to work with, you’ll be in good company!
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years experience as a data or tooling engineer
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
- Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python, C++)
- Highly proficient in SQL and knowledgeable about data warehousing concepts
- You have robust architecture principles when designing and building distributed and scalable systems and can document complex items with a degree of simplicity using proper terminology and tools
- You are passionate about keeping up with current trends in your areas of expertise
- We are fans of simplicity and minimalist approaches/concepts to building software if you are familiar with KISS and Occam’s razor then this is the place for you
This document states what we are looking for, but we are really happy to talk about what you are looking for too. Hiring is a two-way street.
We don’t expect you to have experience doing all of these things; if you think you’ll be good in the role please get in touch as we would love to speak to you as no one person has everything!
Technologies we work with
🏗 Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes & Terraform
⌨️ Code: Python, Typescript and Go
⛩ Frameworks: Django, Flask, FastAPI, React
💾 DB’s: Redis, PostgreSQL & Metabase
🔩 Tools: GitLab & ClickUp
🥞 Our stackshare profile
What's in it for you
Joining Element Human, you will have the opportunity to shape your role, own the execution, make mistakes, and learn with the support of a smart and scrappy team.
We use science and technology to build the interaction layer for the digital world.
What we offer in return:
💶 Salary range: £55k-£65k (experience dependent)
🏖 Unlimited holiday policy
🧑🤝🧑 2 weeks of company-mandated time off annually
🇬🇧 Work from anywhere in the UK
🏠 Home office setup budget
🧧 Employer Pension scheme
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.