About Element Human
Hello! Are you looking to make technology work better for people? So are we.
Element Human believes in a world where people are first, always. In that world, the purpose of technology is to empower people beyond their current capability so that every individual may have the best experience life has to offer.
We are a high-growth, AI company building a new human data layer that observes emotions, behaviours and body language without compromising privacy as people interact with everyday technology.
We are looking for an Accountant as a first-in-hire to work with the Finance Director in proposing, setting up and managing the budgets, forecasts, and day-to-day accounting functions.
The Accountant is a critical member of the Element Human team who manages the day-to-day accounting function. This individual will manage the bookkeeping, work with management to budget and forecast, and liaise with external advisors to best position Element Human for growth. Given the rapid rate of growth, this role may expand into a Financial Controller for the right candidate.
What You'll Do
- Be a wizard at maintaining and managing Xero
- Preparing monthly management reporting, weekly cashflow, and budget recommendations
- Manage and maintain payroll and share options
- Issue invoices and manage accounts receivables and payables
- Work with external advisors to prepare tax and year-end submissions
Who You Are
- You are an inclusive human and generally awesome fun to work with, you’ll be in good company!
- You are familiar with using customer data to model saas or tech businesses.
- You are detail-oriented, analytical, and a self-starter
- You love guidance in the jurisdictions we operate (UK, US, CA) and how Element Human can take advantage or comply
- You have a strong record of empowering those around you with an understanding of the greater financial picture
This document states what we are looking for, but we are happy to talk about what you are looking for. Hiring is a two-way street.
We don’t expect you to have experience doing all of these things; if you think you’ll be good in the role please get in touch as we would love to speak to you as no one person has everything!
Technologies we work with
🏗 Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes & Terraform
👩🏾💻 Code: Python, Typescript and Go
🕸 Frameworks: Django, Flask, FastAPI, React
💾 DB’s: Redis, PostgreSQL & Metabase
🔩 Tools: GitLab & ClickUp
💰 Accounting: Xero, Xero Expenses, Telleroo
🥞 Our stackshare profile
What's in it for you
By joining Element Human, you will have the opportunity to shape your role, own the execution, make mistakes, and learn with the support of an innovative and scrappy team.
We use science and technology to build the interaction layer for the digital world.
What we offer in return:
💶 Salary range: £50K to £60K (experience dependent)
🏖 Unlimited holiday policy
🧑🤝🧑 2 weeks of company-mandated time off annually
🇬🇧 Work from anywhere in the UK
🏠 Home office setup budget
🧧 Employer Pension scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.