About Element Human
Hello! Are you a researcher who loves using the latest technology to design ground-breaking methodologies and discover rich new insight? We should talk!
Element Human is a tech company that has built incredible new insight tools for the media industry, to help the world's biggest platforms and brands understand their audiences more than even before.
Across TV, online and social, Element Human has developed a multi-method approach to audience analysis that employs facial coding, eye-tracking, implicit association, and brand metrics. Our global client base include media platforms that are household names, top performing media agences, and globally successful brands. Our clients test their content - whether TVC's, branded content, social posts, pre-rolls or other - using our all in one dashboard, and use the insight to fine tune campaigns, generate creative ideas, and produce end of campaign reports.
Element Human is an example of the incredible contribution that machine learning and AI can bring to traditional research methods. Our solution makes time-consuming and costly methodogies easy: setup is simple, fieldwork runs automatically, results are processed and delivered straight to our dashboard or via our API, and the whole process is extremely cost efficient.
We're constantly innovating and pushing technology as hard as we can to build the future of ad and content measurement.
We are looking for a Research Director to help us build a powerful new in-house research team at Element Human. Whilst our product is essentially a self-service research product for agencies, brands and media owners, there is a huge opportunity in having a research team for two reasons:
- Many of our clients need bespoke research done for them around the creative and ad testing that they do
- Analysing the incredible dataset of thousands of creative tests allows us to produce unique thought leadership research, to help answer big questions for the industry about consumer engagement with content.
The Research Director reports to the President of the company, and leads the team of researchers who produce bespoke analysis and reports for Element Human clients, and to lead our efforts to explore and analyse the unique dataset that we have. That means bringing together survey data, emotion time-series, implicit association scores, eye-tracking, and attention scores, across thousands of consumer tests from around the world.
What emotion delivers best engagement in the US for sustainability brands? Which social platform holds attention longer amongst older audiences? The answers to these questions and more lie in our data - you just need to reveal it.
Giddy with excitement? Can't wait to dive in? Then this is the job for you.
What You'll Do
- Manage the Element Human research team
- Pitch on new bespoke study opportunities
- Design methodologies for extracting fascinating insight from the Element Human tests
- Consult with the Product team and Developers on ways to manage and structure our audience data for ease of analysis.
- Analyse biometric and survey data, and train the team in research best practice
- Lead on Thought Leadership - coming up with topical and powerful ways to produce insight that answers the big industry questions of the day
Who You Are
- You are an inclusive human and generally awesome fun to work with. You’ll be in good company!
- Minimum 7 years experience working in media & advertising research
- Relevant academic training (eg: market research, statistics, psychology, research methods, economics, consumer behaviour, marketing, or other).
- Skilled at analysing audience data, such as survey data, analytics and biometrics.
- Experienced at designing quantitative research methodologies, including research design, sampling, and outputs.
- Competent at data visualisation, including dataviz tools such as Tableau, Looker, Googe Data Studio, Domo, Metabase, Pivot Tables in Excel or other.
- Experienced at meeting with media clients, pitching ideas, client management, and debriefing results.
- Experienced user of research & analysis software, such as Office (Excel & Powerpoint), Q Research Software, SPSS, Qualtrics, or other. High level of competency in Excel is essential.
- Desirable: competency in managing and extracting data using Python or MySQL.
NOTE: This document states what we are looking for, but we are happy to talk about what you are looking for. Hiring is a two-way street. If you feel you're the one for the job, but don't exactly match the requirements above, please get in touch!
What's in it for you
By joining Element Human, you will have the opportunity to shape your role, own the execution, make mistakes, and learn with the support of an innovative and scrappy team.
We use science and technology to build the interaction layer for the digital world.
What we offer in return:
💶 Salary range: Competitive. Dependant on experience
🏖 Unlimited holiday policy
🧑🤝🧑 2 weeks of company-mandated time off annually
🇬🇧 Work from anywhere in the UK
🏠 Home office setup budget
🧧 Employer Pension scheme
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.